What will I tell myself today?

Today was not my favorite day. The End


Hold up. The aforementioned comment is not true and me acting like a big baby.  A tired big baby, but still.  So let me start again...

Today was a super challenging day filled with disappointment and self-doubt.  But thanks to the perfectly placed tribe that surrounds me, I ended the day grateful and content. 

👍That final conversation with a principal colleague  trusting and supporting my work.

💬A simple Voxer debrief with my team who listened without judgement and offered words of encouragement.

📓A once-in-lifetime, magical live Zoom meeting with my all-time favorite author Kate DiCamillo who inspired me in ways that deserve to be documented in its own post.

🍷A glass of wine and a belly full of laughter shared with my dearest friend who doesn’t think it’s even a little bit weird that come over in my pajama bottoms and slippers.

 ❤️And finally, my supportive spouse who knows I need, accepts me for exactly who I am, and holds my hand to pray with me every single night.

If you are thinking to yourself,  “Does she know how lucky she is?”  I do.

Choose your people wisely.  The End.     


Comments

  1. I giggled a little when I read your first line. The way you intentionally clicked the space bar several times before continuing your reflections caught my eye, and I found myself thinking about how formatting is actually a craft move.

    Your gratitude list inspires me to generate my own. Shit days 💩are bound to happen. Glad you have some fabulous people in your life to buoy you. Sounds like you've made some very wise choices. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Choose your people wisely." Those are wise words. Glad you were able to rebound with friend and wine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just DO it

Best Intentions

Ode to Spring Break