Best Intentions

My whole life I wanted to be a writer. When I was little, I pretended that I worked for a magazine and would write pretend articles that I would house in shoe boxes. When I was a sullen, sulky teenager I wrote dark poetry about my perceived tortured life. (It wasn’t, in case you are wondering.) And when my parents died just months apart 15 years ago, I wrote a Wordpress blog that had one viewer.  

So when my colleague, Tenille, ran a cool opportunity by our team to join a blog challenge coordinated by The Two Writing Teachers, I was instantly in. This would be like Weight Watchers, but for writers and was the  push I needed to start writing again. But, alas, I was too late. Too late to join the official party anyway. Just too many important priorities to juggle, I guess. (More on that later.)  But that’s okay... I’m going to do it anyway.

I thought maybe, just maybe, I could just revive my old blog and painstakingly searched every avenue for its existence. That was a big nope. (I’m going to keep looking though because I wrote some really great stories .) 

So here I am, starting from scratch, building a blog on my iPhone, typing with my thumb. I can slap some lipstick on her later but for now, this will do. 

I’m writing. Even if it is just for me. And my one viewer.  

Comments

  1. Diane your sense of humor, wit, and warmth shine through these words. I imagine the writing you did when you lost your parents helped you grieve. I'm glad you had a close confidant to share your blog with at that time. Writing is risky and exhilarating. I think you're super brave to dive on Mar. 2, and I'm so glad you let us know. This writing journey will connect us all in profound ways. You are officially on my daily blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how real this is, D. I love your honesty and truth and the image of the lipstick. I started my blog standing outside my shower Monday night at 9 pm. We can be late to all the things together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just DO it

Ode to Spring Break